Saturday, January 29, 2011

Negative People Need Not Apply

"Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers." Psalm. 1:1

As I thought about what to write for what would most likely be the last blog of January I started to look back on my "resolution."

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt...And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man...” Ephesians 4:22-31

2010 was one of the, if not the most transformative years of my life. Every day that passes what I "lost" gets easier to deal with and what I gained is becoming more and more apparent.

The first month of 2011 hasn't been an easy month. I've lost my car and therefore many of my hours at work. I'm not exactly sure how we are going to make ends meet, the only thing I'm sure of is that we will. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold." Psalm 46:1-3 "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:19

2011 is the start of a new life for me. I have a new outlook on life, a new business ( http://www.mylindtchocolatersvp.com/amandajimenez ), a new diet plan, my family is back together, things are going to be OK.

And to make sure that is possible I am going to take care of me first, and my family of course! And part of that plan entails surrounding myself with only positive people. "Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future." A google search gave Bill Cosby credit for this, I have a feeling he wasn't the first or last to use it. I do know where this one came from though..."Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm." Psalm 13:20 I've had enough being pulled down by negativity. "Do not be misled: 'Bad company corrupts good character'" 1 Corinthians 15:33. From now on, if someone is doing something to hurt me or hold me back I am going to love them and let them go.

I can't wait for all of the success I am going to have in 2011. All the cards are lining up, I can feel I am on an upward climb, and it feels good! "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 See ya at the top!



"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment