Monday, January 10, 2011

Tired

This week went by way too fast. It's been a sad week at work, telling all my clients I won't be seeing them after the 31st. Not having a car is going to be hard but I've been wanting to simplify, careful what you pray for...

Wednesday my mom gave me some gas money so I could go to church, it was pretty cool getting paid to go to church. We started a Bible study on the book of Philippians which is my favorite book, tied I think with Ephesians. My favorite Bible verse is definitely from Philippians... "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Thursday Ricky started basketball. He was the only one on his team who could get the ball in the hoop! It was great to see him excelling in something and he knew it...only my child celebrates a lay up like a touchdown.

Saturday Julie, Russ and Kelly came over for game night. That was a fun time.

Sunday was a long day. The kids were crazy hyper but we had a lot of fun, they built me a church...


I love my kids so much! I had no idea I'd enjoy teaching as much as I do, I'm actually thinking of going back to school to become a teacher.

Service on Sunday was on bitterness, a message that hit a little close to home. "Bitterness is formed out of the soil of a broken heart" Indeed! I was trying to tell myself I was not bitter until earlier tonight when Eric started to cry because he was thinking of my ex. Ok, I have to admit, still bitter, but I'm trying, I really am. "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Matthew 5:44... But what about when someone hurts your children? Even Jesus said "At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." Matthew 18:1-6 Don't mess with my kids, Jesus gets Gangsta! Ok I guess I still have some praying to do...


Oh wait, not that kind!

As you can see I'm far too tired and burnt out to form a more coherent thought than trivial details of my past week so I will leave you with a preview of the nine unfinished blogs I am working on... Remember, looks can be deceiving and I did promise to offend...

Born Again
Evolution
Freedom of Speech
God Loves Fags
Good News
Judge Not
Loose Weight Like A Baptist
Never Forget; Lessons I've Learned From My Children
Seven (Not So) Deadly Sins

Coming soon to a theater near you, stay tuned! Good Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment